Apr 21, 2021
Admission Requirements for The RN-BSN Online Program
- Must hold a current RN license to practice professional nursing in Texas or other state recognized by the NCLEX-RN Council of Nursing.
- Must be a graduate of a professional nursing program approved by the Texas State Board of Nursing, or appropriate State Board of Nursing.
- Must be a graduate of a nationally accredited professional nursing program.
- Must obtain successful admission to the University of Texas Permian Basin. At the time of application to the university, students must apply to the RN-BSN nursing degree track.
- After admission to UT Permian Basin, the student must contact the Nursing Admission Officer for completion of the nursing degree plan.
- It is the goal of the University for the graduates to provide evidence-based nursing care congruent with the 2010 Institute of Medicine (IOM) Report on the Future of Nursing, which recommended that nurses should receive higher education and training, be full partners with physicians and other healthcare professionals in redesigning health care, and be engaged in life-long learning to provide high quality safe care for a diverse population.
- The program is built on a person-centered framework where the patient is the most important person of the healthcare team. The Overriding Pillars of the framework are Caring, Scholarship, and Imagination.
The RN-BSN nursing degree plan consists of a total of 120 semester credit hours: 55 credits devoted to the general education and nursing major pre-requisite courses; 34 advanced placement credits awarded for previous Nursing education; and 31 credits devoted to the courses in the RN-BSN nursing major.
- All courses in the general education and nursing major prerequisite sections must be completed with a C or better.
- All required science courses must be “For Science Majors.”
- All general education and nursing major pre-requisite courses may be transferred from another college or university.
- The RN-BSN Nursing Major courses can be completed in as little as three semesters.
- Completion of all 120-semester credit hours of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is required to be eligible to graduate.
General Education Requirements (42 sch)
History (U.S. History) (6 sch)
Language, Philosophy, and Culture (3 sch)
Life and Physical Science (6 sch)
Students must take Biology lab with the class. Lab credit is given in the Componenet Area.
Political Science (U.S., State of Texas and Local Government) (6 sch)
Social and Behavioral Science (3 sch)
Component Area Option (2-3 sch)
Nursing Major Pre-Requisites for RN to BSN Program
RN to BSN Nursing Major Track Required Courses (31 sch)
RN-BSN Nursing Major Track required courses will be delivered totally online except for required clinical practicums held in the student’s local community, which will be arranged according to written agreements between the affiliating agency and UT Permian Basin.
Non Nursing Elective (3 sch)
RN-BSN Track Transfer Credit (34 sch)
Thirty four hours transfer credit awarded upon successful completion of all other required coursework for the following courses: