May 10, 2021
- Read the U. T. Permian Basin catalog and be familiar with the University’s requirements for the B. A. degree, and the general education requirements for the B. A. degree. It is the student’s responsibility to read the catalog and be familiar with and fulfill all the requirements for the B. A. degree.
- Complete at least 120 semester credit hours for the B. A. degree. At least 30 of these must be completed at U. T. Permian Basin.
- At least 48 credits must be at the junior and senior level.
- Complete at least 18 credits in a minor area: At least 12 of these 18 credits must be at the junior or senior level.
- Obtain at least a “C” grade in all major courses.
- By the end of the first week of classes during the semester in which the student intends to graduate, a degree check request and appropriate form must be submitted to the Academic Counselor.
General Education Requirements (42 hours)
History (U.S. History) (6 sch)
Language, Philosophy and Culture (3 sch)
Life and Physical Sciences (6 sch)
Political Science (U.S., State of Texas and Local Government) (6 sch)
Creative Arts (3 sch)
* UNIV courses are open to students in the Honors Program only.
Social and Behavioral Science (3 sch)
Other Component Area Option (0-3 sch)
Major Requirements (33 sch)
The maximum number of credits in the major is 54. Credits beyond this maximum will not be counted toward the 120 minimum hours necessary to graduate. All students must complete the 15 semester credit hours of required courses shown above, plus 18 semester credit hours from a selected list of criminology electives. In selecting courses, criminology majors, with the approval of their advisors, may choose from the list of courses associated with the online BS degree in Criminal Justice (CCJO).
Required Core Courses (18 sch)
Criminology Electives (18 sch)
Electives are to be selected from the courses listed below. With the approval of the student’s advisor, Criminology majors may also select elective courses from the list of courses associated with the Criminal Justice, BS program.
In general, a minor consists of 18 sch, of which 12 sch must be upper level. Please refer to the catalog for specifics.
Elective courses to meet the 120 sch requirement and the 48 upper level hour requirement.